What is Basement Tanking/Waterproofing?
When a property or part of a property is at ground level or below, basement waterproofing is essential. A build-up of water/moisture in the ground surrounding the basement, raising the water table, causes hydrostatic water pressure. This water pressure is exerted on the floor and walls of the basement and will result in water penetration through fractures, joints and structural weak points in the basement.
Southern Damp Proofing’s basement tanking systems help to maintain dry environments which can then be successfully insulated to meet existing building regulations. A basement tanking membrane can be utilized to speed up the drying of flood-damaged properties. Our damp proof membrane offers an outstanding primary waterproofing system when used with a cavity drainage membrane.
Contact Southern Damp Proofing Now to Speak With an Expert
Damp Proofing Can Help Prevent
- Rising / Penetrating Damp
- Ingress of Water
- Salt Crystallization
- Plaster Breakdown
- Damp Staining
- Wet Rot / Dry Rot
Traditional tanking systems & Structural Drainage Systems
A cavity drain, membrane system enables moisture or running water to pass behind the membrane within a controlled drainage system. A cavity drain system needs comparatively little preparation to install.
A range of high efficiency profiled plastic drainage systems for water management is created to release and manage water entering a structure.
Damp Proofing Services in London
- 01Our London Damp Proofing ServicesRead more
- 02Are you having a Damp Issue?Read more
- 03Treatments & Repair in LondonRead more
- 04Basement Tanking in LondonRead more
- 05London Basement Treatment & RepairRead more
- 06Timber Treatment & Repair in LondonRead more
- 07London Timber RemovalRead more
- 08Structural Timber Repair in LondonRead more
- 09Treatment & Repair with Paint in LondonRead more
- 10Treatment & Repair with Membranes in LondonRead more
- 11Treatment & Repair with Silicone in LondonRead more
- 12Treatment & Repair with Injectable Creams in LondonRead more
- 13London Floor Treatment & RepairRead more
- 14London Ceiling Treatment & RepairRead more
- 15Wall Treatment & Repair in LondonRead more
Wall floor junction or fillet joint
When tanking a cellar, we consistently recommend that the walls and floor are coated to create a waterproof box. The area where the floor, ceiling and wall join can be a potential weak point in any system, we, therefore, advise developing a reinforced joint.
Converting a damp basement or cellar is a remarkably low-cost method of increasing living space and can considerably increase the markte value of a property. Waterproofed cellars and basements can be converted into kitchens, bathrooms, wine cellars, living spaces, studies, and even recording studios. You are limited only by your imagination. In business premises, common uses for basements consist of, extra storage/ retail space, car parks, bars/ nightclubs, and restaurants.
For Top Quality Damp Surveys & Treatments
Requirements can vary from depending on the local authority, in the event of later sale of the property, having proof of Building Control approval and compliance with building regulations, can simplify the transaction and ensures that you get an optimal return for your investment into the basement space.